ELBRAILLE-W14J G2 PORTABLE DEVICE WITH BRAILLE INPUT/OUTPUT AND SPEECH
ElBraille is a portable device designed for users who are blind or deaf-blind and want to stay connected at school, at workplace or home as well as on the go. A user can utilize braille
and/or speech for output and braille for input. The device supports Windows 10 functionality, including third-party applications accessible with screen reading software. ElBraille has specially designed software installed on it as well.
Features and technical specifications:
ElBraille notetaker powered by Windows 10 and JAWS 18.0 consists of a Braille display and a Dock station.
Braille display Specifications:
- • Braille display: 14 refreshable Braille cells, 8-dot Braille keyboard
- • Seamless design providing paper-like feel. Adjustable auto advance for automatic scrolling and panning. Input: 8-dot Perkins style keyboard; NAV Rockers on both sides of the Braille display which can be independently set to move forward and backward by line, sentence, paragraph or display segment; cursor routing keys; two panning keys on the front; two keys for moving up/down; two selector keys; two Shift keys
- • The Braille display can control one more device (for example, a mobile phone) via Bluetooth
- • The Braille display can be disconnected and used separately.
Dock station Specifications:
- • The Dock station based on an Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8300, Quad-Core, 1.84 GHz CPU
- • 160 Gb of internal memory, 2 Gb RAM (DDR3L-1600)
- • Memory card slot supporting SD, SDHC, SDXC up to 256 Gb
- • 2 stereo speakers for sound output, built-in microphone
- • Additional system speaker with vibration feedback for notifications (for example, to indicate the beginning and the end of charging, when the device is turned off; might be also used by people with simultaneous sight and hearing loss)
- • Four additional control buttons with adjustable functions (by default, these keys have predefined functions, such as quick notes, connection status, time / date, etc.). A power button and two buttons for volume control.
- • Three-color LED device status indicator.
Connections and ports:
- • Wireless WLAN802.11 a/b/g/n/ac networking (2,4GHz and 5GHz)
- • Bluetooth V4.2
- • 4G LTE modem supporting 7 Cellular standards: TDD-LTE, FDD-LTE, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, CDMA1X/EVDO, GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- • Ports: mini-HDMI, USB 3.0, and SIM-card slot
- • 3.5 mm (1/8") headphone jack.
- • Rechargeable 10,400 mAh battery.
- • Battery life up to 20 hours even when using Wi-Fi
- • Powered with an AC adapter (110 to 240 W) or from internal battery.
- • The power adapter comes with a replaceable plug (UK, EU, US, AU).
- • 189x118x38 mm (7.4x4.7x1.5 in). Weight 750g (27 oz) (with battery).
Back to top
- • Microsoft Windows 10 operating system
- • JAWS for Windows 18.0 screen reading software including very responsive Eloquence speech output, as well as high-quality Vocalizer Expressive voices, providing a possibility to work with ease in main Windows applications as well as in the Microsoft Office range of apps, and other popular software such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- • Additional adjustable set of keyboard commands to manage the system from the Braille display.
- • A specially designed application for creating and managing voice/text notes.
- • A control panel for setting up the vibration-audible indications of the device, which allows flexibility to customize information on events such as the connecting / disconnecting of the power adapter, turning on / off the device, discharging / charging the battery, etc. This control panel allows to adjust the device feedback for the blind, visually impaired and deaf-blind users.
- • Alternative adjustable system menu designed to be easily used with the Braille display.
- • A specially designed self-voiced and self-Brailled rescue service allowing to recover the device without system reboot or loss of data in case of some software failure.
- • Opportunity to use the JAWS license on two more PCs belonging to the owner of the ElBraille.
Back to top
Updates and customer support:
- • Online update of all software components
- • Possibility to extend the functionality of the device with additional specially designed or third-party software.
- • Customer support by email firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact form and through the regional dealers
- • The current Software version 126.96.36.199 released on Feb. 10th 2017
- • In order to update the software, please locate the ElBraille icon in the system tray. Select the "Check for Updates" item from the context menu and follow the prompts.
Back to top
User manual and other documentation
- • In episode 137 of FSCast Blindness Hardware Product Manager at VFO Ron Miller discusses with the host of the show Jonathan Mosen the next generation ElBraille, a new Windows 10 based notetaker. First introduced at CSUN 2016, ElBraille is a full-featured Windows computer in a portable solution running Windows 10, JAWS and including 14-cells Focus Braille display. You can download this episode.
- • In Cool Blind Tech episode "CBT Live From #CSUNATC17: The ElBraille, A Compact Mobile Braille Display and PC" our colleague Adi Kushnir gives a brief description of our ElBraille - 21st century Windows 10 based notetaker with Braille and speech. This year it's ElBraille 14 second generation and ElBraille 40 will be added to the family soon. You can download this podcast.
Back to top
Home, work, school. Everywhere ElBraille is cool!
tel: +7 (495) 748 96 77
fax: +7 (495) 706 50 64
20-131, Aviakonstruktora Milya st.,
Moscow, 109431, Russia