ELBRAILLE-W14J G2 - PORTABLE DEVICE
WITH BRAILLE INPUT/OUTPUT AND SPEECH
RUNS WINDOWS 10 AND JAWS 18.0
ElBraille is a portable device designed for users who are blind or deaf-blind and want to stay connected at school, at workplace or home as well as on the go. A user can utilize braille
and/or speech for output and braille for input. The device supports Windows 10 functionality, including third-party applications accessible with screen reading software. ElBraille has specially designed software installed on it as well.
Features and technical specifications:
- Microsoft Windows 10 operating system
- JAWS for Windows 18.0 screen reading software including very responsive Eloquence speech output, as well as high-quality Vocalizer Expressive voices, providing a possibility to work with ease in main Windows applications as well as in the Microsoft Office range of apps, and other popular software such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- Additional adjustable set of keyboard commands to manage the system from the Braille display.
- A specially designed application for creating and managing voice/text notes.
- A control panel for setting up the vibration-audible indications of the device, which allows flexibility to customize information on events such as the connecting / disconnecting of the power adapter, turning on / off the device, discharging / charging the battery, etc. This control panel allows to adjust the device feedback for the blind, visually impaired and deaf-blind users.
- Alternative adjustable system menu designed to be easily used with the Braille display.
- A specially designed self-voiced and self-Brailled rescue service allowing to recover the device without system reboot or loss of data in case of some software failure.
- Opportunity to use the JAWS license on two more PCs belonging to the owner of the ElBraille.
Updates and customer support:
- Online update of all software components
- Possibility to extend the functionality of the device with additional specially designed or third-party software.
- Customer support by email firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact form and through the regional dealers
The current Software version
In order to update the software, please locate the ElBraille icon in the system tray. Select the "Check for Updates" item from the context menu and follow the prompts.
User manual and other documentation
- In episode 137 of FSCast Blindness Hardware Product Manager at VFO Ron Miller discusses with the host of the show Jonathan Mosen the next generation ElBraille, a new Windows 10 based notetaker. First introduced at CSUN 2016, ElBraille is a full-featured Windows computer in a portable solution running Windows 10, JAWS and including 14-cells Focus Braille display. You can download this episode.
- In Cool Blind Tech episode "CBT Live From #CSUNATC17: The ElBraille, A Compact Mobile Braille Display and PC" our colleague Adi Kushnir gives a brief description of our ElBraille - 21st century Windows 10 based notetaker with Braille and speech. This year it's ElBraille 14 second generation and ElBraille 40 will be added to the family soon. You can download this podcast.
Home, work, school. Everywhere ElBraille is cool!
tel: +7 (495) 748 96 77
fax: +7 (495) 706 50 64
20-131, Aviakonstruktora Milya st.,
Moscow, 109431, Russia